"When everything seems like an uphill battle, just think of the view from the top."
- Runner's World: Anything and Everything about running!
- Triathlete Magazine Running Training: Great resource for running training for a triathlon
- Running Warehouse: For all your running shopping needs
- REI: For all your outdoor needs
- No Meat Athlete: Vegetarian & Vegan resources for runners
- Active.com: Race information
MAGAZINES & BOOKS
- The Rich Roll Podcast: A discussion all things wellness related with health and fitness advocates, athletes, doctors, nutritionists, trainers, entrepreneurs, and artists. (Read my write up on Rich Roll here.)
- Favorite Rich Roll Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 7: Michael Greger, M.D. - a discussion of plant based nutrition, and the pros and cons of popular diets.
- Episode 20: Sid Garza-Hillman - a discussion with Sid about his book,"Approaching the Natural" and how we can achieve a more grounded, holistic, happy & gratifying existence.
- Episode 36: Dr. Shay Shani on Holistic, Preventative, & Functional Medicine.
- Episode 44: Integrative Cardiologist Joel Kahn, M.D.: How a plant based diet can prevent and reverse heart disease.
- Episode 50: Garth Davis: Weight Loss Surgeon Turned Plant Powered Crusader.
- Episode 56: Chef AJ: from junk food vegan to whole food plant based chef.
- Episode 57: Dr. Jeff Spencer on achieving prolific peak performance and optimizing your best self with The Champions Blueprint.
- Episode 61: Khalil Rafati of Sunlife Organics on addiction, recovery, and achieving happiness through service.
- Episode 63: Free Josh LaJaunie: How one man overcame incredible obstacles, lost 200 pounds and transformed his life wholesale.
- Episode 72: Dr. Frank Lipman on breaking the shackles of apartheid in medicine.
- Episode 76: Osher Gunsberg: From chubby kid to plant powered, marathon running host of Australian Idol.
- Episode 77: Dr. Michael Klaper on leveraging plant based nutrition to treat, prevent and reverse disease.
- Episode 79: T. Colin Campbell on China Study critics and how plant based nutrition can prevent and reverse diease.
- Episode 82: Kyle Theirman on Surfing for Change: Buy Local, Surf Global.
- Favorite Rich Roll Podcast Episodes:
- No Meat Athlete Radio: To inform and inspire plant based athletes. Topics include vegetarian and vegan nutrition, training tips, for a no preach approach.
- Bicycling.com: Anything and Everything about Biking!
- Triathlete Magazine Biking Training: Great resource for biking training for a triathlon
- REI: Bikes, helmets, gloves, clothing, shoes and more
- Planet Bike: Affordable accessories for you bike - lights, fenders, saddles, gloves, bags, etc.
- Nashbar.com: Awesome deals on bikes, clothing, accessories, and more
- Strava: Bike route tracking, online challenges with other cyclists
- Map My Ride: Track your route, speed, distance, calories, and time
- US Masters Swimming: A great resource for swimmers - programs, training, events, etc.
- Active.com: Great spot to find swimming workouts for all levels
- Triathlete Magazine Swimming Training: Great resource for swim training for a triathlon
- SwimOutlet: For all your swim suit and gear needs
- Xterra Wetsuits: Wetsuits for open water swimming (sign up for their email notices and you'll get insight into many of their great sales)
Yoga & Meditation
- Yoga Journal: Online yoga magazine with a ton of information to get started
- Yoga.com: Even more online info including videos - free & Subscription options
- Gaiam: Yoga company with articles, videos, clothing, and gear
APPS & VIDEO RESOURCES
- Yoga For Runners: Great yoga app to do after runs to stretch
- Yoga Download Podcast: FREE 20 minute Yoga sessions - audio & video
- The Ultimate Yogi: 108 day yoga class over 12 DVDs
- Headspace: Meditation made simple. Learn meditation and mindfulness in just 10 minutes a day
- Take a Break: Guided meditation app with 7 & 13 minute meditation practices
- Transform: Meditation app with short writing exercises